Saturday, October 17, 2009

Saturday.......1 MORE SLEEP!!


Well today started out as a typical day. I got up and ate and met my buddy to do a very easy 2 mile run. We then headed to the Marathon Expo to pick up our racec packets. You know, the race I mailed a check into on Oct. 9th?? Well my name was nowhere to be found..as in I was not even registered for the race!! The kind lady at the desk took my word for it and gave me my race bib and goodies anyway! I told her my story and she bought it...whew!

So anyway I rushed to the bank to see what the heck happened. Nothing happened apparently. The race fee was still in my account. So I just got cash and ran ( re: DROVE) back up to the expo and paid for the race.

My friend was quite impressed by how calm I remained throughout this whole ordeal. It was out of my hands really, and I am thankful that it got squared away. I told my running coach the story too and he says that if this is the worst of my marathon tales then I should have a great race! Whew.....

I will be having my usual pre long run dinner of homemade pizza and salad. Yum Yum!
Lots of water today and I am happy that I slept pretty well last night.
Now on to figuring out what to wear tomorrow...this is probably worse then finding out I was not registered for the dang race!

2 comments:

Relentless Forward Commotion said...

that is always one of my worst fears, that I will show up to a race and I won't be anywhere on the list! Good for you for keeping cool! Best of luck to you tomorrow!

MarciaG said...

Thanks so much!!

I have no idea why I did not freak out....must have been really tired!!