Saturday, September 5, 2009

Knees on Fire


I tried to go out for a 5-8 mile run on Friday morning. I made it to about 3.75 miles or so before I had to stop. My knees were talking to me. They were saying bad things. They were telling me off. They were mad at me. They told me to STOP or regret it later. I actually listened. I was not happy about it, but I did what I was told. I walked the rest of the way home.

I got new shoes on Friday night!! I am so happy that I listened to my body and stopped running. No need to run on broke down shoes and get injured just because I am stubborn.

I was doing a good job of keeping track of how many miles I put on my shoes, but somewhere after the 25 k race I lost track. I was probably a good 50-75 miles over due, since I bought the shoes in late April or was it the beginning of May?? Either way that was a long time ago.

*It is recommended that you replace running shoes between 350-550 miles depending on your running style, body weight, and the surface on which you run. Lighter runners can get closer to the upper end of the recommendation while heavier runners are harder on shoes and should consider replacement shoes closer to 350 miles*

I either go by that or when my knees and hips start to ache!

So today's run was tons of fun. 16 miles down in the books! It was a gorgeous morning. Lots of bright sun to guide us on our journey. No complaints today...thanks new shoes!

No comments: