Friday, January 22, 2010

Friday--a day of complete REST!

I went to bed on Thursday night thinking I would take Friday off. I woke up Friday morning thinking the same thing. Not only was I tired and do for a break anyway, but I was beyond sore. I know part of it was from the kickboxing class and the other was from changing things up with my weight circuit. My back is tore up!! All those elbow strikes and hooks do it to me every time! My hamstrings are on fire and I am sure the culprit is the wide stance dead lifts I did. Woah and ouchie. It's all good though. I stretched a little bit today. I probably should have done some yoga. Yep. I should have. Oh well.
Tomorrow is my long run day. I plan on doing 10-11 miles. My iPod is charging as I type. Tomorrow night is also the end of the year party for my running group. Yes, I know it's the beginning of the year, but this was the best time to hold it. It should be a good time. It will be fun and interesting to see how everyone looks in normal clothes ( although normal clothes for a lot of us is workout clothes!). Sometimes it's hard to even recognize people not in running tights, hats and windbreakers! My race is next SUNDAY. EEEK!!!

No comments: