Thursday, January 7, 2010

Back at it...running that is! Weights and core too.


I woke up early to run on the treadmill today. I am not a big fan of treadmill running, but I don't like running in the dark and cold morning alone even more! I had to break in my new shoes. Mizuno- Wave Inspire 6. I called them pink, but Matt assured me they were indeed a salmon ( he is a fly fisherman!)
I was able to get in 5 good miles on the mill. Good enough for me. I then pretended to stretch for almost 10 whole minutes! I am just so impatient to take the time to stretch. I keep saying I need to do yoga--and it's true. I need to do it already!
I went home and got the kids ready an then went back to the gym to lift.
Today was:
4 sets of 8 reps

Squats (115#)
Pull ups

Bent over flyes (12# DBs)
Shoulder press ( 2x15#--2x20#)

Step ups ( 20#DBs)
Chest Press ( 2x20#--2x25#)

It went really well and fast too. I was about sick of the step ups today. I think it was holding the weights irritated my wrist/hands more than my legs hurting!

Core was next.
Hip series in reps of 15- 3 exercises
Plank circles on stability ball- 3 sets
Lower back series reps of 15- 3 sets with isometric holds at the end( ouchie)
Cat and Cow-- 5

Today was a great day!

No comments: