Monday, August 23, 2010

Long run, spin and weights in this here 3 day recap.

Saturday- I ran! Bout time. I was up bright and early for my usually pre-long run meal. Oatmeal with fruit and PB and a protein shake.
The weather out was horrible. It was pouring rain, but no lightening (whew). I was ready to run 12 miles, but ran a bit more. 12.56 to b exact. My splits per mile were nothing to be proud of. Really. My "fastest" mile was 9:16 ( the first mile mind you!) and my slowest was 10:14. I averaged 9:45 per mile.
I am not feeling like a runner these days. I thought I might try to push myself a bit more during this run, but it just was not happening. I could blame on the rain ( Milli Vanilli anyone??), or that my allergies were through the roof, or, or, or, or! I keep saying that 2010 is just not my year. I can live with that as long as I come back stronger in 2011! I am still ecstatic over the fact that I Get to run though. Really, I am!
So that was it for Saturday. My running goal--almost made it! Less than half mile. Close enough?!?!

Sunday- Cardio and weird weights. I warmed up on the Cross Trainer machine for about 15 minutes and then I did some weights. I was not really in the mood for weights, but I was there and I needed to do them so....

I did some kind of upper body pyramid.
shoulder press:
10 reps/8 reps/8reps
15#/12#/10#
This was a killer! I did this 3 times through! It hurt so good.
I did the same with Biceps and Rows.

I threw in some lower body ( not pyramid style) between upper body exercises:
3 sets of 10 reps...varying weights per set.
Step ups
1 leg lunges off bench.
I can't quite call it full body, because, well; it wasn't! It is what it is though.
After that I got on the elliptical for about 25 minutes. It was a pretty good workout for not really wanting to be there in the first place! Sometimes ( rare) those are some of my best sessions!

Monday- Spin strength intervals! I was about 10 minutes into my class when I looked up and I saw my boss in the back row! Eeek! She is a really cool person, but my heart rate went up a bit after seeing here there. Can't help that! It was a good class ( she tole me!) and it was fun to see her there.
I missed my morning run. Booo! I might attempt it later, maybe not.
I am signed up for a 5k Mud Run this Saturday!

1 comment:

Tricia said...

sounds like a great run to me