Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Mission Possible Interview with Elena

  1. How many children do you have? - I have two girls - ages 12 and 10
  2. How long have you lead an active lifestyle? - I grew up a swimmer but got away from it after high school. I gained weight in my 20s but after I got engaged I stopped the junk food and started exercising. I lost about 20-25 pounds. I stayed thin after that but really got into working out when my girls were around 2 and 4. Been hooked ever since!
  3. What is your favorite type of exercise? - I LOVE weights!!!! Cardio is a close second. I also love outdoor activities with the family. Anything on, in or near the water rates high!
  4. What have you taught your children about exercise? - I emphasize - Health is always first! It doesn't matter so much what type of exercise as long as you move! I try to motivate them by example as well. They have known no different than "mom works out"!!!
  5. How do you stay motivated to keep fit? - I simply feel great. If I start my day with exercise and a healthful meal the day is always better. I get grumpy if I miss a workout or have a poor breakfast - it is sort of downhill from there. Of course, looking youthful and fit doesn't hurt either!
  6. Do you have a blog? What do you blog about? I had started one about "Live Life" as in "enjoy the moment" or "carpe diem" , etc. but it has kind of fallen by the wayside with my move. I hope to resurrect it when I am settled in my new home.
    One tip or piece of advice you can offer other moms to get their kids moving? The best advice I can give is LEAD BY EXAMPLE and get out there with them!!!

No comments: