Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Mission Possible Interview with Samantha

  1. How many children do you have?
    I have one son who is 4 months old.
  2. How long have you lead an active lifestyle?
    Most of my life!
  3. What is your favorite type of exercise?
    I have a love/hate relationship with running. For the most part I like running, I love swimming laps in the outdoor pool during the hot summer months, and I love lifting weights.
  4. What have you taught your children about exercise?
    Make it apart of your every day life! Exercise does not have to be hard or boring- it can be fun! Going on a walk, playing basketball in your driveway, racing to the mailbox down the street.. those are all ways to be active without feeling like you're exercising. Exercising is fun!!
  5. How do you stay motivated to keep fit?
    I want to feel good and be happy and I know I am the happiest when I am active and eating healthy. I want to be a good example for my children and I want to be in awesome shape! I want to be able to run around with my kids!
  6. Do you have a blog? What do you blog about?
    My blog is Mama Notes- www.mamanotes.com It's a super fun blog for moms and moms to be. I write about everything from parenting, to my crazy motherhood moments, to children's health issues, to exercise/nutrition, pregnancy and lots more! Come say hi!
  7. One tip or piece of advice you can offer other moms to get their kids moving?
    My advice would be to be an example of activity and get active with them. It's hard when you say, " go for a bike ride," or "go run around outside" or whatever but if you go on a bike ride with them, go for a walk with them, kick the ball outside with them, you're going to be an example of what activity is and you're kids are much more likely to follow!

No comments: