Friday, July 3, 2009

Friday Fitness Fun!


Today's fun fitness test is all about core strength! Your core muscles not only include your abdominal, but also your back, pelvic, and hips. Strong core muscles help keep your back healthy, hold your body upright, and improve your balance. It's easy to see why core strength is so important, not just for people into fitness, but for everyone.

Performing a plank( also called a hover) is a great way to test your core strength. I know that my core strength went down the drain after I had my kids and the plank is still difficult for me to do.


Get in a plank position with your elbows on the floor directly below your shoulders. Hold your body straight. Butt down with a flat back. No arching please!! You also want to engage your abs now. Think about bringing your bellybutton up towards the ceiling and keeping it there.


Wishful: 20 to 44 seconds

Sturdy: 45 to 59 seconds

Strong: 60 seconds +


How did you do? Let me know, I would love to hear from you!

No comments: