Monday, July 6, 2009

Misson Monday

Last week I was able to get lots of running in. Biking you ask?? Not so much! Oh no!! The Duathlon is 2 weeks away and I am not prepared. I am getting a bit nervous about that...but all I can do is my best. My goal is to complete it and to NOT fall off my bike!
Running wise I actually did my Thursday speed session all by myself. I do a speed session with my running group on Tuesday ( 10 hills this time- ouch) and I can't make it on Thursdays.
So anyway-- Thursday I got up and ran 1.5 mile warm up and did the prescribed workout 12 200 meter sprints. 6 at 45 seconds and 6 at 40 seconds. I did what I was told and a few times I ran faster than necessary. I am shocked that I could get that motivation all by myself and at that hour!
I taught a spin class on Monday and Friday. I really hope that gives me some real bike training for this thing.
Saturday I ran 14 miles with my running club. I have no idea why. That is the marathon training--I have no intentions( key word) of doing a fall marathon. Maybe a half, so this was bit of overkill.
Sunday I did run, bike run ( Brick) workout. I ran 1.5 miles, rode for almost 5 miles and then ran for 1.25 miles. Once again I was SPENT!! This is a far cry from the actual 2 mile, 18 mile, 4.5 mile race in 2 weeks! Crap! I am hoping that my legs ( whole body) was still in shock from the 14 miler the day before. I did not have enough rest in between my training sessions at all.
I have decided to back off on heavy weight training at least until the Duathlon is over. I will stick to lighter weights and maybe only 2 times a week instead of 3. My goal is to get on the bike at least twice this week! Wish me luck!

No comments: