Thursday, February 18, 2010

Weights and a short run....tired momma today.

I was not sure I would make it to the gym today and I was not even the least bit sad!
My little girl was up until 11 PM last night. She's not sick; she just was not tired. I had BIG plans of getting up at 5 AM and going to the gym to run my prescribed 6 miles today. Nope. I slept until I was summoned by Miles at 7 Am or so. Surprisingly, Amara was wide awake by 7:15 and we were all dressed and out the door by 8:45 AM..this NEVER happens. I was not even rushing anyone ( I swear!) as I usually tend to do. I was the slow one today. I am glad I went and all that, but I am dragging butt right now.
I did a circuit training workout today. 3 sets of 12:

Circuit A:
walk-out push ups
step-ups
pistol rows

Circuit B:
squat jumps
lateral raises
plank jacks

WHEW!
I am not sure what I was thinking when I made this up last night! It was kind of fun.
I knew that I would not have enough time to run 6 miles so I decided to run 3 on the treadmill.
It actually felt really good. I thought I might go back to the gym after my girl is out of school to do 3 more-NOPE. I am about to hit the showers instead! I see a trip to the library with the kids after school instead!
My race is on Saturday. I can't get it to show that on my little Daily Mile widget on the right of the blog! I am kind of nervous. It's only a 5k. Those hurt. A lot. Being nervous is good though right!?! If I was not then that would be kind of snotty and arrogant! I would like to think I am neither of those things! :)
So nice to be all done for the day!

2 comments:

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

Awesome job on the workout girl. That is some serious motivation. My little one does the same thing. She'll be up until late and still wake up at 7! I can never get her to sleep past 7!

MarciaG said...

Thanks for stopping by Kristen!
I think 7 AM is the magic number or something..I sure wish it could be 8!!