Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sunday REST Day?? No way!

I decided to go to the gym and use the treadmill for my speed session I did not do on Thursday.
2 mile warm up followed by 2 minutes fast and 2 minutes slower x 6. I made it a progressive workout. Whew. It was tough, but I knew it was only for 2 minutes and then i would get to slow down. 2 minutes is a long time though. I topped out at 9.0 mph for my last fast 2 minutes. Glad that's over! I then did a 2 mile cool down which was one mile jogging and 1 mile walking. I actually walked more than a mile because I started getting into this movie on FX called Death Sentence starring Kevin Bacon. The 15 minute foot chase scene I watched got me hooked. The movie was made in 2007 and I remember wanting to see it. Of course, it's not coming on again anytime soon.
Anyway.... after my workout I felt really great. I felt a lot better than I normally do on a Sunday. I know it's because I did my long run earlier in the week and not on Saturday. Even though the 70 minute Power Spin kicked my butt-- it's no match for a 10 mile run!

No comments: