Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Kid Stuff!


My 5 year old started Track and Field class at our YMCA last week. I was in track and field from middle school to high school so I think this is pretty neat. She seems to enjoy it, but she is easy to please for the most part. So far they have learned to sprint, long jump, hurdles ( high and low) and tomorrow is relay day! My little Energizer Bunny also has swim lessons on the same day. She is totally wiped out by the end of the day and sleeps like a log 2 nights a week!

Miles is starting to be a handful. He is so active and never sits still. Probably nothing out of the ordinary for an almost 2 year old boy! He dances, runs, jumps, gallops, climbs and jumps off of the couch, chairs, the dog and his sister. The boy is a maniac!

It's a good thing Matt and I are all for being active. We have really started to monitor the kids TV time. I know it's a hard thing to do. Lately we turn on our cable stations music channel ( no videos-just music) and just have that on most of the day. My kids do watch TV too, but we try to limit it to just a few shows a day.

We don't want them to be another statistic in America. Children and adolescence should be getting at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day! Encourage them to do things they enjoy and offer a variety of activities for them. Going for walks, jumping rope and riding bikes are easy ways to fit in the 60 minutes.

What are some ways you get your kids up and moving? I would love to hear from you!

No comments: