Friday, June 26, 2009

Friday Fitness Fun!


Did you ever wonder how strong your legs were?? Or your butt? Or your lower body in general for that matter. I am wondering because I always though my lower body was stronger than most, but yesterdays Cardio Kick class really has me feeling sore, sore, sore! The class choreography was not too tough this time; it was what the insane instructor had us do between every song. There were 6 songs total I believe. We had to do 20 jump lunges. It was complete craziness. I loved it. Today I am totally feeling it today too. I guess I need to do 100 jump lunges a few times a week--or not.

A good way to test your lower body strength in the privacy of your own home is by doing a timed wall sit. All you have to do is stand with your back to a wall, feet hip-width apart. Be sure to press your head, back, shoulders and hips against the wall. Lower your hips until your thighs are parallel to the floor. Hold as long as possible!!

This is a great test of muscular endurance-the amount of time yur muscles can keep going full force.

Wishful: 30 to 59 seconds ( keep practicing!)

Sturdy: 1 minute to 1:59 ( WOW!)

Tough: 2:00 plus ( Mission Possible!)


Where do you fall on the rating scale? I would love to hear from you!


No comments: