Monday, August 24, 2009

Mission Monday

Well I did not meet all of my goals!
I did not take the bike out at all this week! Mostly because of all the early morning rain we have had all week long. That's my excuse and I am sticking to it! My gallon water goal was awesome. I only missed Friday I was short only 20 oz.
I only got in one full body weight session as well. I will say that in my classes and other classes I did lift weights. Not as heavy as I would on my own, but every little bit counts right?!!
I pre-planned my meals Sunday-Thursday last week and then slacked off. My eating habits were still pretty good, but not as good if I tracked. I had movie theatre popcorn Thursday night. Woke up Friday with gut rot. Saturday after burning a crap load of calories with my 16 mile hilly NOT SLOW run I refueled with stuffed pizza, calamari, ice cream and 2 beers! All over the course of 9 hours, but still. Woah! We will just call that a re-feed!

I am still a bit sad that I was unable to participate in the duathlon on Sunday. There will be more races next year...I just hope the bike I am borrowing will still be in my garage next spring/summer!

Last week I logged 32 ish miles ( 9 on Tuesday, 7 ish on Friday morning and 16 on Saturday morning) The miles are really picking up and the workouts are intense as well. For the 6 of the 9 miles on Tuesday I avg. about 8:15 minute miles and felt I was struggling. I tried very hard to avg. 8 minutes or under. Not happening. Friday morning was a very easy 9:50 avg, pace. Saturday was a different story. The first 8 miles was around 9:30 I think ( not sure) and the second 4 miles were to be at marathon pace, and the last 2 faster -- I guess my goal is around 8:50/mile. Well I did a lot better than I expected-- 8:35, 8:30, 8:25, 8:15, 8:00, 7:58 and we used the last 2 miles as a cool down! We ran those at 10 minute mile pace. We earned it! I was very excited and tired! I owe a lot of my success of Saturday to the people I ran with. A 47 year old mother of 4 and 70 year old new runner! They really kicked my butt and I am thankful they were there to push me to my full potential.

This weeks goals:
Gallon of water.
Incorporate stretching in my day.
Track food.
2 full body weight training sessions

What are your goals this week?

1 comment:

vanessa40 said...

Wow Marcia
Girl you are really putting in the miles...i'm impressed. I just started back up with a lttle more mileage myself and i'm loving it.
Your re-feed sounded soooo yummy..
How are those two adorable kids...