Thursday, August 6, 2009

Kid Stuff!

I would like to highlight a great website that I came across while searching the web earlier this week. KidsHealth. It is dedicated to kids, teens and even parents. Why Exercise is Cool is the title of one of the articles for kids. The article goes on to explain what sweat is, what your heart does, what aerobic means and so much more. I like the fact that it explains these terms in a way a child would be able to understand. I think I know a fair amount about all things fitness, but I will admit that sometimes when Amara (5) asks me questions it's difficult for me to explain them to her in her terms. This website is a great reference!
It also has numerous articles on Feelings, Staying healthy, Staying safe and other situations that kids will face. The Teen pages seem very good as well. I am sure I will need lots of help in that department when the time comes (eeek). Sexual Health, Food and Fitness, Drugs and Alcohol--just to name a few. I urge you to take a look at this website. It's voted #1 most-visited website for children's health and development. I am adding it to my favorites and I think you should too!

No comments: