Monday, August 17, 2009

Mission Monday

Well I think I am finally recovered from my longest run since 2005! What a run it was. I am glad it's over, but must mentally prepare for the 20 miler in 2 weeks! Eeeek!
Of course my competitive thoughts have already crept into my head...I looked up my Chicago Marathon time from 2005. I ran a 3:53:24...That comes to a pace of 8:54. Not too bad considering my first goal was to run a sub 4 mile marathon. Later in the race my goal changed to just stay alive to be able to cross the finish line! I accomplished both goals I guess.
I did not sign up for the marathon just yet. I might have to wait until after the first 20 miler and see how bad my body (KNEES) treat me the day after. Who am I kidding! I will do it even if I break a knee!

Last week I did not meet my goal of riding the road bike twice. I only made it out once for 14 miles. It was a good ride though. I also am 90% sure I will not be doing the duathlon on Sunday. Too much going on and it's too much money! Oh well. There is always next year.

I was feeling kind of tired this week and took more time off then usual. I think my body was telling me to chill out. So I did.
I lifted once last week. I have a goal of 5 pull-ups in a row. I am at 4.75! ha...almost there!

This weeks goals will include:
road bike 1x
lift weights 2x
run at least 2x
track food
drink a gallon of water a day

No comments: