Saturday, August 15, 2009

18 mile run

Well it's over. My baby is FINE and healthy and drinking milk again! So happy for that!
I woke up at 4:50am to turn the coffee maker on and get prepared to run. A few friends I have been meeting at 6am ( an hour before the actual running club meets) to run some miles beforehand. We meet to beat the heat of the morning and it gets me home earlier to get my kids from the sitter.
Toady we met at 6am to run 4 miles. We were able to rest, hydrate and stretch for 20 minutes before we had to take on the other 14 miles of running. Today was very humid. I am so glad that I drank LOTS of water while at the restaurant last night.
Overall it was a great run. I was tired, but really did not hit the wall.
It was fun running with 2 of my buddies that had never run over 16.5 miles in their lives. This was my 3rd time running this long as I have trained for a marathon once before. It was nice to share this experience this great accomplishment with friends!
I have yet to sign up for the race--working on that!

2 comments:

annies home said...

go girl wow!!!!! I walk between 2 to 5 miles a day but no running here. Great that you can run like that

thanks for stopping over by my blog and entering a great contest Good Luck

MarciaG said...

Thanks so much!!!
Sometimes I think I should walk instead of run....moving is moving right?? :)