Friday, October 1, 2010

Friday - crazy for cardio

Friday~ I am glad that last Friday's spin class was not a fluke (still knocking on wood though). I had about 15 peeps show up this morning for a great workout. I did a version of my Monday class race day profile, but gave a few variations and choices....I think it went over really well.

After spin I went to the gym and did a variation of a workout from Men's Health Magazine.
It was tough!! I was supposed to do 4 sets, but I did 2 instead. I know I could have given more if I did not teach a hard spin class before!
I changed it a bit, but this is what I did:

Squat Jumps (10)
Mtn climber to push up (10)
Jump rope 90 seconds ( I did this instead of the 10 sets of shuttle sprints)
Dumbbell swings + squat ( I added this)
rest 90 seconds
Repeat for a total of 2 sets

Next Round:
Alternating lunges ( 10/per)
Squat Thrust (10)
Jump rope 90 secs
Dumbbell swings
rest 90 secs

About 5 mins. of abs

5 walking laps around the track
Whew. Done. It was good. My butt and legs hurt already. Me likey.

No comments: