Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Monday, Monday......

Monday~ I think I am done with my pity party- until race day! Just keepin' it real up in here! The Boston Marathon made history when it sold out in 7 hours! That is amazing!!!! I knew I was not going, but it made me feel a little bit better knowing there was no chance now! Ha..whatever it takes. UNTIL my friend texted me saying a woman in our running group can't use her confirmed entry to Boston for some reason and I might want to see if I can get hers. I didn't ask any questions, but I am doubtful she would just donate it to me cuz that's the only way I would get to race in Boston- if someone else paid for me! My lovely friends that are going there let me in on all the ways to save $$-drive and stay with strangers for free! I would be fine with that! No need to dwell on the shoulda/coulda/woulda-it just gives me a headache.

So on to Monday's Spin class. I did a repeating interval class. I have not taught one in a very long time. I always get frustrated trying to come up with the timing that works....well I figured it out and I think the class went very well! It was 6 minutes of fast intervals ( runs, jumps etc) followed by a 5 minute progressive hill. I let the class decide what type of hill they wanted to do, as long as it was different every time. Some people like that they get to choose, and some freak out and just do what I do! I am fine with that. Sometimes you just don't feel like thinking too much and rely on the instructor (me) to tell you what to do- that's what it's all about!
Totally Toned- I had every intention of participating, but I guess I changed my mind. There were 3 ladies that showed up today. We had a great time scaring the non-mother in class with our birth stories! Ahhhh! We let her in on things we wished our so called friends had told us! I hope we did not scare her too much...it was all in good fun though.

No comments: