Thursday, April 22, 2010

Tuesday and Wednesday Recap--runnin' and spinnin'

Tuesday~
I met my girlfriend at the other YMCA to take a class together. My fave kickboxing class. I love this class!! It was great-the instructor did one of my most favorite routines to Lady Marmalade- the updated version with Lil' Kim and Christina Aguilera. Love it. Anyway.... I might be taking this class again every Tuesday again! Amara starts soccer next week so it just might work! YAY!
After class ( and before class, and at home) I lifted weights. Back and biceps. 3x8

Before class:
1 arm rows
preacher curl on the ball
After class:
Bent over flyes
hammer curls
At home:
Chin ups
3 sets of 5
I had to fit in my weight training when and where I could. I got it done!
Later on was running club. Although I still don't know how to breath...I attempted to run 4 miles at tempo speed. The warm up was about 18 minutes for 2 miles. I felt great at this pace. On to the tempo-- I think I did really well for the first 1.75 ish miles maybe more. I honestly do not know my pace-sometimes this is way better for ones ego! My vocal cords were kind of happy and then mad at me for the rest of the run. I did not walk though. I felt like it a few times, but I kept running. I was really glad to be done though. I am calling the doc today to see what the hold up is. my big race is approaching fast and I want to know the verdict!

Wednesday~ Spin day! Intervals again. It was a basic style with increasing resistance and length. After the warm up I had us do a standing jog, seated climb, flat road and finally a standing climb. The first set was 1 minute( ie: every move was 1 minute), second time around was 2 minutes and the 3rd time was 3 minutes. It went over well. I also busted out some very old spin cd's ( I have been teaching for about 8 years now) and was rockin' to John Cougar Mellencamp. Or whatever he is called nowadays! I love music so much-- I know my tastes are all over the place so my classes pretty much don't know what to expect from me. I saw a lot of lips singing though!
Totally Toned was at noon. Apparently, Monday's session was tough as a lot of the participants upper body was still sore.
That's all!

No comments: