Monday, April 5, 2010

Boston Marathon on my mind.......


The Boston Marathon that I will not be running on the 19th of this month has been on my mind lately. I am completely over the fact that I will not be there. Really, I am! I have been for a long time now. There are quite a few people from my running club that will be there and I am totally excited for them. I am probably more bummed that I can't make the trip to root them on, more than the fact that I won't be running the actual race! (2011 baby!)
One good thing about not running the race is that I (most likely) have asthma( if you have not heard!). It's not completely under control yet. I can only imagine what some of my 16+ training miles would have felt like these past months. Probably not so good!
Another good thing is that I am not really a fan of running marathons so my longest run this year will be 16 miles--which I already did!
The one thing I am most excited about is the possibility ( oh I hope it all works out!!!!) of getting a new GPS that is debuting at the Boston Marathon. I have connections. Ha. It's the Garmin Forerunner110. You can't even buy it yet. I had my heart set on the Garmin Forerunner 405cx for over a year now and was actually going to get it very,very soon ( taxes were finally done on Saturday!) But things have changed. I even surprised myself with the change of mind. The 110 model is smaller...it won't be a big computer on my wrist! It has less functions then the 405cx, but it has all I need and want really. GPS for running and the heart rate monitor for spinning ( and running and elliptical and living--I love HRMs!). And it's over $100 cheaper! I hope my friend that is buying it for me is able to get it; I have a feeling it will be a hot commodity-being that nobody else can get it until May(suckas!) I hope to get the grey and pink one too. My last GPS was basic black so it's time to add some color! So please...say a little prayer at night that I get this! (only half joking here.)

2 comments:

Tina said...

I hope it works out for you. All those Garmin things are so nifty!

MarciaG said...

Thanks..me too!!!!!!