Monday, April 5, 2010

Monday Madness!!

The basketball game is on, so I am on the computer! I am not a big sports fan ( I like to watch the Olympics only!), but I am rooting for Duke! I am rooting for them because growing up my brothers hated Duke--so it was my duty as the baby and only girl in the family to go for Duke!
Matt is not a big fan of them either so at least I am not a fair weather fan......
Anyhow--- Today was spin day. I choose to do an endurance class for all my spinners with heart rate monitors ( this would not include myself-YET!) The goal of the class is to keep your heart rate between 65-75% of your max heart rate. They also call this class a fat burner! That makes it more popular because it's pretty tough if done correctly. A few of the people came up to me after class to say just that! It was difficult to not let their heart rates creep up past 75% when I instructed them to add more resistance or pick up the pace. A lot of it has to do with breathing, fitness level and just over all experience. It's fun though--I swear. A lot of them want me to do an endurance class again now that they will know what to expect.
Totally Toned was at noon. Today was all core on the floor. I had it in my head that I was going to do the entire class with the class today, but 1 to 2 times a year my right shoulder gives me grief and I guess it's about that time. I did some planks and shoulder presses in class and that was about it. Dang it. I am not sure what the deal with it is, but it happens sometimes. It's actually sore near the bone--I should probably have it looked at, but we all know I am not going to do that.
That was my Monday!

No comments: