Friday, January 2, 2009

New Years

Happy New Year.
I was in bed by 10pm on New Years Eve.
I was able to enjoy a nice glass ( or 2) of champagne after the kids went to sleep (8pm).
The good news is I was able to get up at 7am and was out the door by 8am to get my run in. It was about 12 degrees when I started.
I walked about a half mile to a nearby park to start my run. I might add that I have a bit or a circulation problem in my hands. My hands already felt chilled to the bone and I did not even start running yet. Great....
I had a plan to run 1 easy mile ( 10 minute or slower) and then pick up the pace for 2 miles ( 8 minute mile or faster) and then cool down with another easy mile. But the park had other plans for me! After my warm up mile the clear path was no longer clear but filled with ice. I had to change my workout and just run back and forth instead. Oh well. The workout/run was still hard!
I ended up running for a half mile at a 7:45 pace and then a slow jog for a half mile. I did this 3 times and called it a day.
It's been a while since I ran outdoors and my shins and hamstrings are feeling it today.
I love running.

No comments: