Thursday, January 8, 2009

Massage --please!

I am still sore! I need to get a massage-and soon!

Wednesday I did an hour pilates class at 5:30am and then hopped on the elliptical machine for about 45 minutes or so.
I taught my noon Totally Toned class. I only used 5 lb weights for the exercises. No need to overdo it ( over over due it I should say).
My body is feeling the effects of this week for sure.

Today was an off day exercise-wise for me. I taught 2 classes today. One was a circuit class and I just hang out with my stop watch and yell " SWITCH!" The second class is usually not a circuit style, but tonight it was. I think they actually enjoyed it so that's nice too. It's good to change things up!

It's official. I am teaming up once again with my local running group to start training for the 25k! It begins this Saturday with a long run. My speed sessions will be on Thursday nights. I am very very excited to get started. The speed sessions hurt. Not in a good way either. It literally hurts to push your body what seems BEYOND it's limits. Mentally it feels so great when it's over!


I am going to try and post a Fit Tip w/ every entry from now on. This one is about cold weather exercise and I know I should follow this tip. I do not do so well with hydration in the winter time.

FIT TIP
Drink up. It's just as important to stay hydrated when exercising in winter as it is in summer, even though you might not feel as thirsty.

2 comments:

Elena said...

So true about hydrating in cool weather. I neglect this as well...It is so difficult to chug the H2O in 10 degree weather!

Anonymous said...

I just drink it warm. I mean, I don't microwave it or anything. But, if I get it from the tap, I make sure it's a little warm. If it's a bottle I just keep a few out of the fridge for me. It goes down easier than super cold water when it's already cold out! KWIM?