Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Update......

Friday~ OFF!
Saturday~ Today was a nice and easy 10 mile long run. I did it in 1:40, so basically a perfect 10 minute mile pace. It was cold and rainy. I was ready to be done once we hit 8 miles today. It was still a great run, I felt great and all that good stuff, but I was just glad it was over! The heavy rain started about 30 minutes after I was done. Whew!
Sunday~Today was the first day of a new class I am helping to instruct. Extreme Spinning. It's 7 week program that is 90 minutes in duration. Probably not the smartest thing for me to do on the day after a long run, but I guess the good thing is that I am only doing it twice!
Monday~The day did not go as planned. My little guy is still teething and I was not able to get up at 4am to get to the gym for my 5am 5 mile run. Nor was I able to get to the gym in the later afternoon as he was taking a nice long nap! I did get to the gym around 8pm to help out with another class. So I was able to get my upper body lift in for the day. I also got a bit of cardio in since I taught a class today as well.
Tuesday~Today was my Spinning day. I taught it interval style. Lots of standing runs today and only 10 minutes worth of hard hills with 2 tough sprints thrown in at the end. There were a lot of new faces today due to spring break, so I won't take it personally when then don't come back next week!
FIT TIP:
"Racing teaches us to challenge ourselves. It teaches us to push beyond where we thought we could go. It helps us to find out what we are made of. This is what we do. This is what it's all about." -PattiSue Plumer, U.S. Olympian

No comments: