Monday, April 6, 2009

Wednesday and beyond....

Pilates Plus bright and early. I cannot do a pilates teaser for the life of me and it's getting on my nerves!! I might talk to the instructor to give me some pointers. I know my core is not as strong as it used to be, but come on already!
I taught my Totally Toned class at 12 noon and then went to the gym for some easy cardio later in the afternoon.
Thursday~ Today in running club we had to run 5 miles at our race pace goal. I did a little better than last time, but am still under my goal pace by about 3-5 seconds. I felt a lot better this time, due to being stronger and the weather was above 40 degrees which I am sure helped.
Friday~ Today I did a really good full body workout that included some fun plyometrics. I love that kind of stuff. I also did some very easy cardio since I will have a long run on Saturday.
Saturday~ I got in 16 miles today!! Today's new route had some very sneaky hills thrown in every so often which made it more difficult. I know the coach is preparing us for the hills we will encounter during the actual race, but I had enough hills last Saturday...for real. I was pretty low energy and achy the rest of the day, but I am starting to feel more confident about the race after each long run that I put in.
Sunday~ I thought I might take the day off today, but I went to the gym anyway to do some light easy cardio to hopefully get the kinks out. I felt a lot better than I thought I would so that was a bonus. I also lifted weights, but skipped out on the squats I had in my training. I mainly did not due them because the squat rack was occupied by some meat heads doing bicep curls--get out of the way please! It was probably a good idea to go easy on my legs anyway.
Monday~ I now teach Spin class on Monday's and not Tuesday's due to cut backs at my gym.
So that is how I started my day....it was a good class. I then taught Totally Toned at noon and another class at 5:15pm. I have decided to switch my run to Tuesday's since my Monday's are jammed packed now.
FIT TIP:
Mocha-Madness Recovery Shake
2 oz. strong coffee
8 oz. kow-fat Greek yogurt
2 tbs. sweetened ground chocolate
1 banana
5 ice cubes
Place all ingredients in blender ad puree until smooth and frothy.
Calories: 380
Carbs: 71 grams
Protein: 19 grams
Fat: 6.5 grams

The combo of carbs, protein, and caffeine in this shake will help boost muscle recovery after a hard run.

No comments: