Saturday, April 25, 2009

Update......

Thursday~ The running club ran an easy 6 miles today. My pack and I did it in 55:58. It was my first time running all week and it felt great.
Friday~ I had to hammer out 12 miles all by myself today. I had something going on on Saturday so I had to fit the miles in when I could. The plan was to do an easy six out and a goal race pace back. Not so much!! Let's just say I pray that it is not overly windy on race day ( unless it's at my back the whole time!). I won't make an excuse though. It was TOUGH and I did it in about 8 minute mile pace. 15 seconds off of goal. My worst attempt this training season! I won't let it get me down though...there were some different variable thrown at me today ( not excuses!) The crazy wind in my face, the hot sun ( it was in the 70's by the time I ran), I was alone, and my hubby's annoying backpack style Camelbak I had to wear!! Haha...oh well. The main thing is I got my long run in today as planned!
Saturday~ Today I had a Turbo Kick certification from 9am to 5pm. It was a lot of fun, but also a lot of work! The instructor was awesome! It was pretty intense by the end of the session. If you ever get a chance to take a like Turbo Kick class I recommend it highly. Their philosophy is to treat the class like it's a party! I love parties! It will take me a few weeks ( probably months), to be ready to instruct this style, but I am excited about it and think my classes will love it.

FIT TIP: TO find out more about Turbo Kick:
http://www.turbokick.com/index.php?content=what_is_tk