Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Update......

Friday~ Upper and lower body at the gym. And a plethora of cardio! I did lots of hard intervals on various machines-- Step-Mill, elliptical, upright bike and recumbent bike. My intervals were between 12-15 minutes per machine. I have not pushed myself like that in a while. I better start doing that more often!

Saturday~ Today was the long run of 12 miles. There was a local 5k race that I did not participate in. The running club decided to meet on Sunday since there were several members doing the race. Mary and I met at 8am to do the 12 miles. It snowed about 2 inches or so over night. The path we ran on was not paved. The fresh snow was not the easiest to run in. This run seemed to take forever for some reason. It was not my worst run of the trianing thus far, but it was not close to being my best either. I was really sore for a few days after it too. I think it was the snow!

Sunday~ OFF!

Monday~ I ran 5 miles on the treadmill today. I felt pretty good. I was going to do a full body workout afterwards, but was not really feeling it. I only ended up doing a few sets of various exercises and then stretched and called it a day. I hate Mondays. I taught 2 classes today as well. 1 full body toning class and 1 cardio/weight interval class.

Tuesday~ Today I instructed a Spin class. It was a major strength session..lots of hills! I made a new CD and that really motivated me today. I hope the class thought the same!
Later today I am to teach 2 more cardio based classes.


FIT TIP:

Motivation is a fire from within. If someone else tries to light that fire under you, chances are it will burn very briefly.
Stephen R. Covey



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great workouts Marcia,
I love the quote
I'll have to write that one down...