Saturday, February 7, 2009

Saturday Long Run

I woke up today and it was 47 degrees at 6am! The windchill was 40 degrees, but that's warm around these parts lately! Of course I was not prepared to run in warm weather, I am so used to wearing 2-3 layers while running. I decided on a long sleeve technical shirt and my windbreaker, technical pants without tights today and an ear band. I brought my warm new ski gloves to test out, but I left them behind because I thought I would be fine. I learned my lesson. My hands were frozen as usual, but the rest of me was comfortable and at times too warm.
We put in 12 miles on a new route which is always nice. I ran with my friend Deb again today. She keeps a great pace--I think we averaged a little over a 10 minute mile give or take. At the end of the run my GPS read out displayed 11.93 miles. We both contemplated running in the parking lot to get all the way to 12 miles exactly. Runner's are sick people I tell ya! Well, the main reason we did not run in the parking lot was because my GPS picked up the signal a few seconds late, so I am sure we ran a little over 12 miles--WHEW! Every .10 of a mile ( or less) counts!
FIT TIP:
A growing concern among many people in the world is the quality of health and physical training. As it gets easier to eat more and exercise less, it has become vital that individuals have access to a variety of tools to make training as systematic and easy as possible. Due to this, investing in a GPS running watch can make a large difference to runners and joggers, as well as to those who need a physical training program to recover from surgery or disease.
Select the Right Watch for You
If you are a beginning runner, or someone just beginning physical training, you will want to investigate units such as the Garmin Forerunner 101. This unit is one of the more basic ones available, not only having an affordable price tag, but enough features where a beginning runner can adapt to the tool while receiving many of the benefits. The Timex Navman II is also a beginners watch, sporting similar functions to the Forerunner 101.
For intermediate to advance users, the Garmin Forerunner 201 has many features that the 101 lacks. Most notably, the 201 allows routes to be determined into the device, allowing long distance runners to expand their running areas safely. By providing all of the heart rate sensors, virtual running partner as well as distance and speed calculators, the device has everything the professional runner, jogger or triathlete needs in order to get into the best shape possible. With the ability to review daily or weekly histories for a period of two years, the progress of the owner of the watch can be accurately followed. This is highly important, especially for those who need to keep a constant eye on health matters.
For those who need a GPS running watch to improve health due to disease, illness or surgery, the features of the advanced systems could never be more important. As recovering from any health issue can be difficult, having the ability to chart progress and set reachable goals is important for being successful in building physical fitness.

**Check out my giveaway on my Raising a Healthy Family....blog:
http://fitnesscrazedmomma.blogspot.com/2009/02/organic-food-bar-review-and-giveaway.html

No comments: