Thursday, February 26, 2009

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday

Monday~ Today started off with a nice 5 mile run on the treadmill. It was an easy run with a few inclines added on just for fun. I also weight trained afterwards. I taught 2 classes as well today.
Tuesday~ Spinning today, as well as 2 other classes. I was informed that my in-home group training class is calling it quits after this 10 week session at the end of April. I have been with them for almost 5 years!! It's sad, but I understand the need for change etc. and am going to use the "extra" time to try an get more things going for my business. There is always a bright side to most situations!
Wednesday~ Today was Pilates Plus. Today the instructor gave a lot of direction for the new people in class. I am so glad for that! I really concentrated on keeping my hips still and relied on my core to do all the work--burn baby burn!! Afterwards I went upstairs to do some cardio. I did 23 minutes of elliptical intervals; 30 seconds hard and 30 seconds easy. I then went on the treadmill and did (6) 60 second sprints with a 60 second break in between I ended with an incline walk for about 5 minutes. It was a tough one!
FIT TIP:
To work various core muscles in combination, try a bridge:
Lie on your back with your knees bent. Keep your back in a neutral position, not arched and not pressed into the floor. Avoid tilting your hips. Tighten your abdominal muscles.
Raise your hips off the floor until your hips are aligned with your knees and shoulders. Hold for three deep breaths.
Return to the start position and repeat.

No comments: