Saturday, February 27, 2010

Saturday-- should have stayed in bed today!

I was as reared up to go as I could force myself to be this morining. I knew what i had in store. 5-6 1 mile tempo runs on the treadmill with a 60 seconds rest in between. I also had a time limit as Matt has to work today.
I did a mile warm up at an 8:30 pace. After that I stretched for about 3 minutes or so and then I was off. My first tempo mile was at 7:35 pace. I felt pretty crappy at the half way mark, but I finished. I took the minute rest and did the next mile at a 7:30 pace. I figured I wanted to get done already. Now on to mile 3. This is where it went sour. I did it in maybe a 8 minute pace. It felt like I was going way slower. It was a total struggle too. I think I did a whole mile, maybe it was a bit short. I took my 1 minute break...and turned it into a 5 minute walk break! yikes. I was done. FAIL! Oh well. I was ticked off then, but now I realize I should have probably taken the day off or done a low-key type of cardio and saved the speed nonsense for Sunday! Too late. I will (most likely) take tomorrow off completely. I almost went home after my pitiful attempt at speed, but of course I did not. I only did 20 minutes on the elliptical though. What a day. We all have our bad days from time to time and today was my day!
Hopefully the rest of my day goes well....(Miles is potty training, and so far..we are batting 0!)

No comments: