Monday, July 26, 2010

And even more spinning...and weights!

Sunday~ I decided on this day to start lifting weights again. I know, I know..who cares??? I do!
It;s been a while since I was lifting regularly, so I figured Sunday was a good day to start. I usually start everything on Monday....so this is new for me!
I made it to the gym and did a light cardio warm up for 15 minutes on the elliptical.
I chose to only do my upper body because. I went in without much of a plan but hit every upper body muscle at least once.
I did 3x10:
Chest Press
Biceps Curl
Triceps Ext.
Shoulder Press
Rows

I used 15 lbs dumbbells for everything. I could have gone heavier, but I am being smart about it and easing my way back into that!
I thought for sure I would be sore today. It might come tomorrow though!

Easy tie in for soreness: My Examiner article about DOMS If you want, you can subscribe and also comment on the site. If ya want! Thanks!

Monday~ Spin (duh). haha. I think I need to enter more bike races (indoor spin races???) I do more Spinning than running these days.....It was another tough class. I used a portion of the spin race I did on Saturday- I just modified it a bit.
I probably lost 3 lbs in sweat alone. Awesome.

No comments: