Monday, March 15, 2010

Monday-Spin and a few miles on the tread.

Spinning Monday. I got my inspiration for today's class from the Power Spin class I took on Saturday. It's a good thing because the class loved it. Whew! It was a muscle tension ride. LOADS of endurance today. 1 minute steep hill followed by 1 minute of endurance-3 times total-recover and repeat!! I added a 4 minute endurance segment to the end with added resistance every minute. Talk about hard. It was good though. I enjoyed it and so did my class. I think it will be one of those love/hate classes ( it was for me anyway).
Totally Toned was at noon. Lots of abs today and core in general.
I made a hasty decision and went back to the gym later today too. I felt I had to "make up" some of the miles I did not do yesterday. I was not feeling guilty about the missed miles. I just feel I NEED to get my mileage up if I think I have a chance at meeting my goal. As I stated before I just don't feel as in shape this time around and that STINKS!! I ended up warming up for a half mile with a 9MM pace and then I did my goal pace of 7:45 for 2.5 miles. It felt good. I tried to pay attention to my breathing and it did get a bit erratic for a minute or 5..BUT I am still not convinced it's not all in my head. I plan on taking a puff on my inhaler ( for allergies) before tomorrows speed session ( 1000 meter repeats-kill me now) and see if that makes any difference at all. I hope so. I also have the OK for the race this Saturday. I still need to sign up! Procastination. Love it.

No comments: