Friday, July 17, 2009

Friday Fitness Fun!


Today's Fitness test is balance and flexibility. I am so inflexible it is not even funny. I am almost embarrassed to admit that I am a Certified YogaFit Instructor(Disclaimer: I have not taught in over 5 years)!

I know how good yoga was to my body and saw how limber I was becoming. I am still trying to figure out why I stopped teaching and/or taking it! I will let you know when I figure it out.

The muscles that are usually the tightest are the ones in front of the body. The hip flexors and quads to be exact. A great test to assess your flexibility as well as help lengthen your muslces to new levels.

The Test:

Standing Bow Pose


Stand tall with your feet together and arms at your sides. Lift your right leg and balance on your left. Bend your right knee, reach back and grasp the inside of your right foot with your right hand. Carefully lift your right leg behind you, being sure to keep your hips square and your right knee pointed toward the floor. At the same time, lower your torso, trying to get as close to parallel as you possibly can.

Wishful: Torso vertical to 45 degrees toward the floor

Sturdy: Torso 45 -90 degrees toward floor

Strong: Torso 90 degrees toward floor

How did you do? Let me know, I would love to hear from you! or

No comments: