Saturday, March 28, 2009

Update......


Wednesday~ Today was my Pilates Plus class at 5:30am. Great class as usual. We did some new things and I was sweating 15 minutes into class already. After class I went to do cardio. I did not want to just hop on a machine today. I did get on the Arc Crosstrainer for 20 minutes, but after that I grabbed a jump rope and headed to the basketball courts. I jumped for 100 revolutions, hopped on the treadmill and ran .25 miles at 7.0 mph. Hopped off and did 20 reps of walking lunges ending with 10 jump squats and the repeat the lunges/squat jumps. I did that circuit 2 more times but increased my running speed to 7.5 and 8.0
I love doing stuff like this
!
Thursday~ Today was speed session day. Our workout was to run a 2 mile warm up, 2 miler time trial and a 2 mile cool-down. Sometimes I don't know what possess me to run. It's so hard at times. I want to stop because it just hurts! But I love the feeling of finishing so I think that is why I continue to do it. Or I just love pain!
I decided to start behind the fast girls for the 2 mile time trial. We were told just to run a 2 mile race. So my strategy was to keep the fast girls in my sight the whole time and possibly run with them. I surprised myself immensely. I did have thoughts of slowing down my pace, but the fast girls did not have those thoughts at all! So I had to dig deep within myself to find the strength to keep up. I ended up finishing in 13:26! I think that's a PR for me. I can't remember ever running a sun 7 minute mile in my life! I had a bit of a kick at the end which always makes me think I was too conservative during the "race", but maybe that's just my thing-having a kick. Who knows, and who really cares?!?!?
Friday~ I finally lifted weights! I have been slacking on that this week. I like to lift weights on my own during the week and not just when I teach. I normally only use 5-8 lbs dumbbells in class and while that is OK for a lot of people, it's not for me. I like to get in the gym and use the squat rack and pull -up machine and cable machine and lift some heavy stuff! So after the kids got up we ate a quick breakfast and made it to the gym before it got busy and I was able to get a pretty good weights session in. I did a nice full body routine ( 3 sets of 10) for my exercises except for my 3 sets of 12 pushp-ups! I did nice easy cardio as well. 10 minutes on the bike and 30 minute easy treadmill walk- I was able to watch some TV and read a magazine..nice relaxing day.
Saturday~ Today was the longest run of my life. It was only 12 miles which I have already done several times this year, but today was a new course for me. It was called Fallasberg Park. It should have been called- Hills of Death. The first hill started about 2.5 miles or so into the run and after that I lost count of the number of hills we crested. It was a beautiful day and I had great company. I had to keep telling myself that several times during today's run. I had to remind myself that today's run would only make me a better runner-physically and mentally. I am certain it was the equivalent of running 14-15 miles-it had to be! I was so happy when it was over because it was painful, but pain is temporary and the feeling of accomplishing something big ( those hills were HUGE) will last a long time! I will be ready for this run since I know I will be doing it again in the near future. I cant wait.

No comments: